Saturday, March 07, 2009

No One Brought The Badger

Interesting...no poo flinging today...

Of course my body decided that last night was "Insomnia Night"...laid down around 2:40am. I was hoping I'd have nearly 4hrs sleep. Instead I tossed and coughed up lungs and bitterness. Then I noticed that it was getting lighter in the room. The sun was rising. 5am came...no sleep...6am came, still no sleep and alarm set at 7am. At 6:45, I said "screw it" and started getting ready. Eyes watery, burning. Heart still on "tase" mode. I thought to myself, "I've gone to work on zero sleep before. I can do it again".

Around 7:20am, my beloved old man called and I snarled at him. I'm still trying to train this dude to realize that calling me in the morning isn't romantic. Morning people and NON~morning people do NOT mix.

Snarled with Sam as we waited for a coworker to pick us up. Snarled in the car~intermittently distracted by shiny things...and not~so~shiny things...Back seat navigated ANOTHER FREAKIN CIRCLE!!!!...and after passing the driveway, we made a U~turn and arrived at the destination for this retreat. Now, I'm still not sure why we couldn't have just done this thing in the office. I digress.

There was food. Fine. Okay. And what they thought was coffee. But you could see right through it. Friends, to me, this is not coffee. Coffee is suppose to DO something to you. I stared at my sad little Styrofoam cup with it's nearly white liquid...shuffled to a table and plopped down.

Okay. Amaze me. Um...

The flinging I expected last night didn't happen. The questions posed to us before hand were not mentioned and thus, people weren't given the opportunity to let others know they suck. I still had a few chances to roll my eyes. But it wasn't what I was expecting. We did have role~playing. There were blindfolds (they wouldn't let me keep mine).

After the retreat, it was a mad dash back to the office to get on the street and patrol for about 4hrs. My exhaustion was getting the best of me. My mind was blanking far more than usual. My everything was "woozy" and I almost fell asleep at the girls. They would have understood, but I can't do that. And before long, the end had arrived. Clocked out...denied the advances of the old man (which amused me)...came home and crashed.

I'm up for a little bit, but still tired as hell. Luckily, I'm not due back to work until the evening on Saturday. I have a chance to really sleep!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home