Monday, March 09, 2009

Lack

A few things I've been failing at lately...

I don't read like I use to. Borders has been open for awhile now and I haven't even been in once. Years ago, I'd be in a bookstore almost daily and spend hours going up & down all the aisles. I'd pick books and skim through them in the store...other books I'd bring home. I use to devour books. Riding the bus to & from work put me in the mood for reading. Before I knew it, I'd be at my destination. Can't seem to get through a book while at home. Not sure what's with that. I *want* to get back into reading, yet I haven't. Fail.

I don't make jewelry like before. And I have NO shortage of materials. I use to make pieces several times a week. It's been at least a month since I'd done anything. Maybe part of it is that I no longer do the art markets. Stopped doing the markets because I was too broke. Didn't have the table. Didn't have a way to bring a table, if I did! No car makes toting a 10 foot table really freakin hard. Like I'm going to drag that thing around?!

I don't play tourist like I use to. Like I tell myself I want to; like I should. First, it gets me out of the house. Makes me feel better being in the open and is nice exercise. Mind you, I'm on my feet all the time at work. But strolling the beautiful areas of this city is much different than being at work.

I don't clean the house...haven't organized my bedroom or beads or...anything, really. There's a laundry to be done. Uber~sigh.

I'm a bit down on my lack tonight. Sometimes I wonder if I've wasted the whole reason I'm in New Orleans. I could have been this lazy back in Los Angeles...and had a ton more money with my old job. But I was soooo unhappy with everything there. I guess I just need to tell on myself. Maybe the humility will push me to change at least one thing.

Well...there is the huge parade this coming Saturday. That will definitely change my mindset. Even if it's temporary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home