Saturday, March 14, 2009

SOAKED

Irish & Italian Parades Today

Dedra & I went to the Irish Channel St. Patricks Parade. We got in the area early so we could eat @ Igors on St. Charles. There was hardly anyone in there...good, we had our pick of seats! The rain had started, but it was only around 11am and the parade wasn't scheduled til noon. Our hopes of a noon parade were shattered when the rain increased and we noticed detail officers driving away. Our hearts sank a little. I told Dedra that we might as well walk up to Magazine and see what's going on there; and we could always take the Magazine bus home. WELL!!! On our way to Magazine, we see a marcher. He assures us the parade is ON! So we scurry back to our spot and wait. And then it came. The parade and the RAIN...pouring buckets on us; and me without an umbrella. This year, I was able to be picky and reach for only the choice items. I scored the signature medallion bead, a stuffed frog, lucky charms, some OTHER signature bead (a fleur de lis with the Irish & American flag and the claddagh)...very nice. Oh, also got 2 cabbages and a HUGE cucumber...and I swear I'm only going to use it for cooking!!! The rain was pretty constant and I was utterly water~logged. But after the parade, we went to St. Charles. We walked a few blocks because, come on, there was no public transportation. We got lucky. Flagged down a cab and was joined by 3 other pedestrians. So our fare was only $3 each!!!! I'll take it! And then, before long we were on Canal. Dedra and I parted ways and I ran home to change into DRY clothes. Then I hit Starbucks. Ran into 2 coworkers (who were NOT free) and chatted a spell.

The Italian St. Josephs Day Parade kicked off pretty much on time (I guess). My 2 coworkers left me and I headed up Chartres were I found EMPTY spots. Not as many Italians were throwing like the Irish. That's fine and I'm not going to start a competition...ahem. But I still got good throws. Of course silk flowers, the kisses sticker, a cooool flashy~hearts beads, etc, etc.

After that, I returned home to drop off my goodies. I then joined Danielle at Turtle Bay and met her friends. I put some Metallica & Clancy Brothers on the jukebox. Yeah, I said it...Metallica AND Clancy Brothers. What of it?!!!! After a Bloody Mary, Cherry Wheat beer AND a Tequila shot, I figured it was best to head home. I do have to work in the morning.

Today was soaked, but satisfying. I got to spend time with Dedra outside of work and got some fantastic beads. I decided to donate a TON of beads to those who march/ride in parades. I've been given a thumbs up on that from a marcher in the upcoming PIRATES parade (early next month).

And now, I am off to bed. Like I said, I work in the morning. I hope it's an easy day. Some people can be soooo bitchy and I am not in the mood.

Monday...the gym and the mall...for that corset!

2 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger CrookedCharisma said...

Oh sweetie. You are always in some sort of a mood. The training went well yesterday, but if you need me call me.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger DeNisey said...

i KNOW! always in some mood. but you know you love me. right? RIGHT???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home