Monday, March 16, 2009

Leaving A Buffet With An Empty Stomach

Today, Dedra & I went to Harrahs buffet. Two tables down, a couple arrived. The guy had a niiiiice body, kinda young. I didn't pay attention to the girl. But, she had her plate and was eating away. The guy returns to the table with an empty plate. I overheard him say, "There wasn't anything I wanted".

Okay. Hhhhmmmm. With all the variety that the place offered, how is it that NOTHING pleased him? Certainly, since I didn't question him, this is all speculation. However, I can only assume that he either was not hungry (and she dragged him there) OR he's difficult to please. It says something about a personality when you are offered many different options and still aren't satisfied. But then, I could look at his body and think, he's very into his appearance. Is he someone who thinks so highly of himself that he's not impressed by most things? Or, is it simply that he WASN'T hungry and was just following the girl? But if you spent $10 to get into the place, you might as well have SOMETHING. I certainly can't just hand someone $10 for nothing. I digress on this subject. But I told Dedra I'd blog about it.

NOW!!! Today I went to the Lakeside Mall and got a turquoise corset & jeans. 2 things about this:
#1. A corset is super sexy and I have personal ways to use it. But I also want to wear it as my Pirate Wench outfit. But, am I brave enough??? It's VERY "ooh~la~la" and I'm not that happy with my body these days. Dare I show that much? I will have it cleared by Danielle (friend, coworker, RECRUITER of me to the wenches LOL) and Dedra.

#2. Jeans. Haven't owned a pair in TEN YEARS! Why? Because I have wide hips, (relatively) small waist and I'm SHORT. So when I found jeans that fit my hips, they'd be huge around my waist and far too long. Well, I finally gave Lane Bryant a chance and tried on their stuff. IT FIT. Snugged my waist, not too tight on hips and just long enough! Hallelujah! After 10 years, i can once again enjoy jeans. I am sick of the fact that I don't have enough casual pants. After working so long in a dance studio, I acquired plenty of slacks. But nothing too casual, as was the dress code. Now I am ready to throw on my new jeans (and hell, the corset, too) and hit the Quarter lookin' fierce! Ok. Maybe not fierce. Definitely HOT TRANNY MESS!

I also allowed myself to indulge in L'Occitane. Not saying the stuff is pricey, per se, but it's more than Walgreens. But I did have a few extra $$$'s to enjoy. So I got one honey bar and one olive bar. I do love olives & honey! Makes me think of this TINY vendor inside the Riverwalk that sold allll olive stuff: soaps, lotions, etc. I never allowed myself to indulge and fully regret it now. But, I did allow myself some fun today. I also stopped at Gloria Jeans for a fantastic mocha latte. I sat at their table and sipped the latte while I watched people come & go.

I had to remind myself of my favorite quote...the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Resist, and your soul grows sick with longing. Well I knew I'd get home and wish I had gotten some yummies.

It's been raining for 3 days. I am SICK of it. It's making me feel soggy and almost depressed. I'm praying for some sun and dry clothes real soon!

Today was a day of quiet indulgence. I got some things I had been wanting for awhile, but had hesitated in allowing myself. Now I feel a nap coming on. Not sure if it's because I've skipped a couple of days of iron or what. But I'll take my iron now and nap. Tomorrow's a new day.

Oh, and Harrahs' lunch buffet is only $10. For all you can eat, that's freakin GOOD baby!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home