Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week One of In~Service Complete

Much Different Than NOPD

Yesterday was boring because it was CPR AND Homeland Security. Each class was HOURS long and we only got 2 10 minute breaks and a 1hr lunch. Now, our Intstuctor has every right to give us the same, so there's nothing you can say. Although one of the guys said, "he's suppose to give us an hour and a half". I looked at him and said, "No. He doesn't. He doesn't have to give us anything".

I can tell that for attitudes, there are going to be at least 2 GUYS who are going to have it rough. They aren't listening to the Instructor. There are several issues they've argued about and wouldn't accept her answer. That's going to get them in trouble once they get on the tiers.

I've changed my mindset from this class. I thought I was going to be able to do certain things. Now, after listening to our Instructor, I don't WANT to act certain ways. I sure as hell don't wanna be shanked because of stupidity. And it'll happen. I HAS happened. Not me.

I'm definitely NOT saying it'll never happen. The inmates will push me; maybe even attack me. But I don't want it to be because I screwed them over. I don't want to provoke them.

But I digress.

I'm torn between feeling confident to scared about this job. The Captain said you HAVE to have some fear, lest you get lazy or over~confident and stupid. I mean, I have to realize where I'm going. I'm going into a world where EVERYONE is a criminal; some of them murderers! But I have to realize that if I do my job, then I should be alright.

I heard that we'll first be put with a trainer when we get on the tier. I don't know how long the trainer will be with me; I'm hoping at least a week. But they're so short that I could end up ALONE on a tier. That'll just keep me on my toes. Can't get lazy. My fear will help me stay diligent and follow every letter of the rules.

I have also heard that lots of deputies never have an event. That the inmates for the most part behave or at least NOT attack the deputies. It's typically inmate vs. inmate.

I'm excited. I wonder how my first day on the tier will go.

Before that, I still have an entire week with our Instructor in the class. Then, we are taken by SOD for more training.

BIG DEEP BREATH...oh gawd, I've really done it this time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home