Thursday, July 16, 2009

What a difference a week makes

Week One In The Jail Complete

We work 4days & have 2 off. So this is my 1st night off. I'm surprised because I came home this morning, went to bed and stayed there until 9pm. WHOA...was NOT expecting that!!!

I didn't think I'd sleep that long because I wasn't feeling that tired when I laid down. I heard a massive storm outside while I tried to sleep.

I want to keep my basic sleep pattern, so I want to stay up most of tonight. I've got some daytime business to take care of, including the bank. So I can't sleep all tomorrow. I'm suppose to attack the laundry before work Saturday night.

So now: The Jail Life. I've been stationed in the "Sallyport", controlling a bunch of gates. It's actually quite easy & cushy. I guess I shouldn't say too much, lest it be considered giving private information. So far, everyone's been great (the deputies, of course)

Suffice to say I like it very much. I get loopy around hour 7 because we work 12hrs (well, 13 when you count roll call and relief that doesn't quite show on time). I'm always very ready to go home when the time comes. But I'm happy I've made it and can't wait for what's next (whatever that is)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home