Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I took a Mental Health Day today. I would've been a waste if I had shown and they would have sure enough put me on a tier. They can tell when I'm not on par and that's when they put me with the inmates. When I'm healthy and eager, they give me the Sallyport.

I have Thursday/Friday off. That means I can do the Voodoo Hash Thurs night. It's been months and I'll walk. But I hear that someone else will be walking, so I won't be alone. I want to take my camera. I've been in a picture taking mood here lately.

Thursday will consist of strolling galleries along Royal Street and lounging in a small cafe deep in the French Quarter. After the hash, drinks. Actually, the drinks will be pouring before & during, as well.

I just downed some cottage cheese and am working on a liter of water. Noone would believe the water. I had to laugh at myself because the cottage cheese container says it has 4 servings. I polished of the whole freakin container. At least it was 10 tacos from Taco Bell. Actually, Taco Bell sounds really good right now. Luckily for my fat ass, the closest one ISN'T.

I heard a rumor that's kinda upsetting. There's supposedly an "unspoken" rule to NOT put white female deputies on tiers because apparently we can't handle the inmates. I guess us white girls are too timid or something?!?!?! But when I was harrassing them for a tier, I didn't know about this "rule". And they put me on a tier. And I handled it pretty damned well. In fact, they put me on a tier a few times. I've handled the difficult ones with creative strategies that shut 'em up fast. So much for us white chicks not handling the job. And I started to think about it. In my building, I AM the only white female deputy!!!! Rather than get upset and sue, I'd rather prove my abilities and break the cycle. I'd rather be the one who proves that white chicks can handle those "intimidating male inmates". Maybe I can help blaze a trail so other white female deputies can get tier time. Interesting...

I guess I've drained myself for the moment. So I'll close this and return when my well fills up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home