Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Checking In

So it's been another 2 months since I've written. Mardi Gras came and went and we're all waiting for the warm weather to return. I finally officially joined KOE and walked with them on Fat Tuesday. Then I found my friend Danielle and kinda "crashed" the walking parade she was in.

I had two Los Angeles friends come to town, just to either not spend time with me OR being weird. So much for that...makes my leaving Los Angeles even more proper. Just when I start remembering how sweet I had it with a HIGH paying job and expenses that topped $200, I get a message from the universe that it wasn't all that great. Anyway, that job and apartment was full of crazy.

I spent a LOT of money during Mardi Gras and now what was my nice savings is back to being mediocre...actually, not much of a savings at all. Oh well. Sometimes I wonder if I should have quit. Part of me says no, should have stuck it out. Things would have either gotten better, or I could have gotten enough experience to apply elsewhere. The other part of me says it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't have been able to enjoy MG or the other upcoming holidays & festivals. Maybe next year then? I don't have a clue what I'm doing anymore. On one hand, that's kinda exciting because it has me open to possibilities. On the other hand, it kinda sucks because it means I probably won't be moving up any ladders any time soon. siiiiigh

St. Patricks & St. Jospehs Day is in a few weeks, which means about a dozen Irish & Italian parades. I'm such a sucker for celebrations; makes any suffering worth it just to be in New Orleans during the amazing times.

I finally returned to the Voodoo Hashers last week. Only took me 5 weeks to get my lazy ass in gear. It kicked my ass because I was more out of shape that I realized. At work, I've been walking good distances, but not at a good pace. So I have to walk FASTER. But my friend Danielle has deemed herself my personal trainer, so I'm really expecting to get in shape...for real this time. I mean it...hehehe

hhhhmmmm I'm all tapped out for now. I know there's tons more...like how I'm going to start being a somewhat regular at Finn McCool's, maybe. Went to the Drunken Spelling Bee and got dropped twice by two words I'd never heard before. LOL

Okay, bye for now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home