Monday, September 21, 2009

Sick & Life Changes

I was denying a fever way last week. But I woke up Saturday morning with a full~blown flu. As much as I wanted to stay home, I went to work anyways. Sunday and today are my 2 days off and they're being spent sick. And I don't feel any better. I don't like the idea of taking tomorrow off, but how will I get through 13hrs at work while I'm sick as a dog?????

I'm utterly sick of my apartment building. If it's not one thing, it's two. This time, we're losing water pressure due to a broken pipe on our block. Wish I had known the washers won't working before I put my clothes in--more importantly--the uniform I need for work tomorrow. But Sam has a friend who can come over and take my wash tonight. That's a relief. But it doesn't take away the disdain I have for this building. Today it's actually the city's fault. But for the past 3 years, I've struggled with the constant failures of this building. Seriously, first chance I get to move, I'm gone!!!

I've been thinking about how this year has changed lots of lives. The changes actually started when Donnie went to NOPD. He was instrumental in getting the gang out on the weekends. When he left, it started falling apart. Dedra had a baby and that completely changed her schedule. Her free time is practically non~exixtent. The days when we would hang out for entire days are gone. Then, Thomas & I got on with the Sheriffs. Then Thomas left to NOPD.

So here I am, looking at the social circle I had pretty much gone. I still text Thomas and Dedra. I try to visit my other ex~ coworkers when I can. But it does seem to be all over. With my personality, it'll take awhile to really get into some kind of social circle at work. This job is a whole new animal regarding that kind of thing. I'm the minority. And I'm the shy minority who's stuck in sallyport, which means no contact with people.

Lastly, I think a new house really is in the near future. I don't have any date just yet. But I have a friend who just bought a house and is wanting to rent the other side. So of course, I said OOOOHHHH!!!! They have a few things to do with the building before it's completely ready, but I have first dibs. Before New Years, I will have a new place...if not sooner!

Well. Guess that's pretty much it. I've been thinking I needed to hash out ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home