Saturday, October 03, 2009

Apartment Hunting & Probably Rambles

It's finally time to really hunt for an apartment. I finally make enough money to live fully on my own; looking for a studio or 1 bedroom. There are a few places that I'm looking at. By New Years Eve (if not sooner), I will be in my new own place! YES!!!!

So last night I celebrated SAM'S birthday! A few bars and yummy drunk eating at Clover Grill. Made me realize how different life is these days. Last November was the catalyst: a friend going to NOPD, another friend giving birth, and me and a friend applying to the Sheriff Office. It's a year later and we're all gone. Some of us haven't even spoken due to work schedules and who~knows~what~else.

I try to keep in contact with friends, but I find myself not finding time. While I don't want to lose total contact with them, I can't help but wonder if it will really happen and how long it'll take. Sigh...

I switch to the night shift tomorrow and have been teased with the thought of being trained in a new area of the jail. I'm hoping so, because I have pretty much done all I can in the sallyport. I mean, really. It's just a bunch of button pushing and then staring at cameras. Of course, if they are teasing me and put me back in sally, then so be it. But I'm ready to move to something else.

Today I went to Oktoberfest at the Deutsches Haus. This will be the last year because the area's going to be bulldozed for a medical complex. I, like many, are bitter about the demolition of an entire neighborhood and a historical landmark. I had a blast & will be sad when I'll have to find somewhere else to go next year.

Ohh!! My Australian friend's coming to New Orleans for New Years Eve!!! Soooo excited and can't wait to show him the places I didn't have time for last time. He's awesome and I just know we're going to have a blast!!!

Well, guess that's it for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home