Friday, May 15, 2009

Hashing Out Thoughts


Just some blather...


After watching Donnie graduate from NOPD academy today, I'm finding a new sense of inspiration to give my application another shot. Also, 2 other friends are more than likely going into NOPD's NEXT class. So what the hell is my problem?! It's just laziness.


So it's time to get off my lazy ass and get some exercise in. For starters, I've been doing some very simple leg exercises each night. Second, I'm considering joining a Hash Runners group...they're RUNNERS, not drug users...i think "hash" has a few meanings...ahem...


My friend Danielle is in the group and has been telling me all about it. And plenty of people actually WALK. So I won't be out of place while I walk in the beginning. But my ultimate goal is to actually start jogging and then running. I'm going at my own pace for that, but it's great motivation.

I think that by November, I can be physically prepared to apply to NOPD. And apparently they have a PT test for you to take before you're even accepted. So I have no choice but to learn push ups and stuff. Otherwise, I don't have a choice. I want to be a cop. So I can't allow my laziness and complacency to keep me from my dream. I have to push myself for more. I am better than this.

Creatively, I've been dead. Not sure; depression??? It's been going on for awhile. But I've been failing at creating anything and it's starting to hurt me. My sleep and motivation is failing. I feel so very blah. I think I need to flush my spirit somehow. I have to find a big boom of creativity and inspiration. I want to feel alive again. I have to find a way to do this. Perhaps going to a bookstore, movie, live show...I need an "artist date".





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home