Thursday, April 23, 2009

35th Birthday Celebration

This Tuesday, April 2th, I will be 35. Which means in JUST 5yrs, I'll be 40, but I digress.

Figuring that last year I was kinda broke and didn't bother rallying anyone together to do anything for my 34th bday, I decided to do a little extra this time around.

THIS WEEKENDS' CELEBRATIONS

For starters, I'm going to do the "cash on the shirt" thing that's so popular in New Orleans. See if I can't make at least some drink $$$. Never done it before and not sure why.

Saturday: Around 4pm, meet up with friends at Yo Mama's for killer burgers. Maybe the Quarter afterwards and pick up some cash with my birthday safety pin


Sunday: Drag Show @ OZ @ 9pm. Then too much drinking and parading my safety pin again. Oh yeah, I'm gonna milk this for all it's worth!!! Different atmosphere, so it won't be the same people...


Monday: Taking whatever I've collected from my safety pin and go to a movie, lunch and possibly get my hair done. Of course, tomorrow's payday, so I'll have other money too. (but not much)


Tuesday: Sleep in later, work 5-9pm. THEN!!!! Get in wench costume and meet up with the New Orleans Krewe of Pirate Wenches. Starting at Hobnobbers, then picking a balcony from which to toss beads. And yes, of course...the safety pin will be on display.

I think that suffices as a pretty nice birthday celebration. Doing this over several days lets everyone join in if they want. Rather than making people pick just one day.

In other Bday news...My mom got me this cool tiny laptop that's got wifi, webcam and other stuff already built in!!!! I'm currently typing this blog on it now and it's fan~freakin~tastic.

I'm thinking that the next week is going to be a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home