Saturday, March 28, 2009

Crazy Last 2 Days


BOOM!!! STREET EXPLOSION
While Sam, I & another coworker stood outside of Walgreens on Friday afternoon, there came a huge explosion. RIGHT THERE, just across the street, a transformer blew from underground. Out of the grate covering it, came black smoke.

I think just about everyone within a few blocks called 911 because the sound was incredible! I started taking pics and then...more explosions! Series after series of rapid~fire explosions came from the grate, as cops made people get out of the area. I thought it wasn't going to end and feared it would spread to other areas.

Finally it all stopped and ENTERGY started a 24hr project of repairing the wounds and restoring power. Probably half of the French Quarter was in the dark for 2 days. Luckily both Sam & I had alternative places to sleep. Shortly after I came home to my dark and humid apartment, the power came back. Yay.

AND NOW, MY GIRLIE BITS...
I have a doctor appointment Thursday @ 1:45pm to find out if I have endometriosis...or WHAT. Something is definitely wrong, so a diagnosis is in order. My friend Dedra is going to come with me after her class. It'll be comforting to have someone there afterwards because I know this is going to hurt. And maybe be scary.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home