Monday, May 25, 2009

I Can't Believe I Haven't Shared

The Hash was fuckin awesome!!!!

And again, I can't believe I haven't already blogged about it. Well, I've been busy telling friends & using IM, Myspace, Facebook, etc...anyhoo. Here's my unorganized recap of my debut experience with the Voodoo Hash.

Soooo, after sorta~kinda stressing that my horse costume sucked, I headed to the meet spot for my Virgin Hash. I had to do it; it was Danielle's Virgin Hare. It was the perfect day to be the virgin (imho). A few of the people were already there and I held up the wall, as I do when I'm the new kid at school. People don't believe I'm shy, but this is the kind of situation that proves I am. I stand on the side and watch. I might try to jump in once or twice, then get back. I digress; this is getting off the subject.

More people arrived and the trail markers were explained. The hash took off and I ran for one block. YOU GO GIRL!!! But as I was running, I realized i REALLLLLY need a GOOD sports. And to get in shape. Of course, that's the ultimate goal, so I'll stop with that crap.

Of course the other walkers didn't show that night. So it was just me. I didn't care. I wasn't going home. I didn't get lost on trail and that means that my fat ass walking self wasn't the last person. LOLOLOL It was the runners that came in last because they lost the trail. So that was awesome! Now, of course my ultimate goal (here we go again) is to be a RUNNER at some point. But I ain't kicking myself for shit.

At the cirlce, I was put in for being the virgin~ and ended up chugging early, so I had to do it again. (LMFAO...OMG). After most people cleared out, one of the guys bought me a couple more drinks at the bar and I learned more about the organization and the trail markers.

I came home high on life. And right now, I'm seriously jonesin' for the next hash. I seriously can't freakin wait! Who would've thought I would be in this kind of mindset???

IF THAT WEREN'T ENOUGH

Saturday was the meeting of the New Orleans Krewe of Pirats & Wenches. First, we walk in & are given raffle tickets. Later, my ticket wins me a huge bottle of fruity booze. BOOOOOOZE. I also brought home a plastic coconut cup. They had food & the show & tell of our shwag. The meeting is all hush~hush; in other words, I ain't telling. Suffice to say it was seriously productive and inspirational. I'm estatic about the rest of the year with this Krewe.

I really have to give a shout out to Danielle. She's the one who's gotten me involved in both the Pirates & Hashers. I was saying that I wanted new friends, to expand my social circle. When saying that, I didn't have a clue how. I'm just too freakin shy to go out & get people. But along comes Danielle who's involved in LOTS. And she doesn't mind me tagging along.

LAST NIGHT

Finally!!! I made it to the BEADWHORE shindig. It was dinner with 3 of the girls and then Donna's for live music & a wee bit of dancing. Just a wee bit. I got tired early and came home to get online and then sleep.

ALL IN ALL

This was a great weekend. And I didn't even do anything TODAY, Memorial Day. Really, I'm not feeling the need to get wild or drink or spend a single dollar. So yeah, I have totally "wasted" the holiday. But really, I don't think it's been wasted because I'm doing exactly what I want.

I think it's up in the air if there's a hash this week. But I desperately hope so!!! Because I'm not sure what I'll do if not! It's even motivated me to walk farther and faster at work, too. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home