Saturday, May 16, 2009

I've Found Motivation

After hearing my friend Danielle talk about doing hash runs for about 7 months, I've decided to give it a go. Next Thursday is going to be my introduction to the Voodoo Hashers.

It's okay if I walk because there are others who walk. My ultimate goal is to be a runner and get in shape. I know I won't motivate myself to run alone, so joining this group will be the trick. Plus, these people are crazy. They drink and costume and sing...it's a social event with a little run hidden somewhere. Plus, this is another great way to meet people. And expanding my social circle is a huge goal for me. I've been here for a long time and haven't really gotten out of my comfort zone. I'm too old to be this shy.

The pirate wenches are going to have a meeting on the 23rd. And our assignment is to bring our best catch from this years various parades. I've got this awesome pig bead that has moving arms & legs...and I tied my beadwhore thong to it...I won't admit to how I earned the thong. HA!!!

I'm suddenly feeling the motivation and life that I was just lacking yesterday. It's amazing what a little change can do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home